This banana bread is one of my go-to recipes that I’ve adapted over the years that’s a favourite of both my friends and family and it’s also incredibly easy to make. It’s wonderfully moist, gluten free AND best of all, there’s no added sugar- there’s absolutely no need as the bananas and cashew butter provide all the natural sweetness to make this delicious (and extremely more-ish!) I love mine toasted with a little butter- it’s the perfect mid afternoon snack or you might even prefer it for breakfast- the protein from the nut butter balances the sugar content of the banana, so it will not cause an extreme blood sugar spike and will instead provide you with a more sustained energy release (read more about that here).
3 large bananas, (or 4 small ones)
130 grams cashew nut butter- I use about ¾ 170g jar (or you can use almond butter- I find cashew slightly naturally sweeter)
60 grams butter or coconut oil (melted)
1 teaspoon vanilla paste or essence
75 grams coconut flour/ground almonds (sometimes I mix half and half)
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
1 teaspoon baking powder (gluten free)
A pinch of sea salt
- Preheat your oven to 175 degrees Celsius
- In a Nutribullet, blender or food processor, combine your bananas, eggs, nut butter, vanilla and melted butter until well mixed.
- In a mixing bowl, add in the coconut flour, cinnamon, bicarbonate of soda, baking powder and sea salt. Pour in your blended mixture and mix well.
- Pour your batter into a greased loaf tin (I use a silicone one) and spread it evenly.
- Place in your preheated oven and bake for 45-50 minutes
- Remove from oven and flip your banana bread out onto a cooling rack.
- Slice and serve warm with a little butter.