How to Make Mineral Rich Sole Water
The number one question I hear in clinical practice is “how can I Improve my vitality?” Chronic and long term stress can be a huge drain on our resources, leading to low energy and mood. In times of stress, sodium and potassium will be the the first minerals the body will draw upon and burn through. Without consistent daily replenishment, this constant drain can leave us with insufficient amounts of these essential minerals. This can in turn further compound feelings of fatigue, low mood, and speaking from personal experience, can lead to complete burnout. I’ve seen the low Na & K pattern of ‘burnout’ countless times on the Hair mineral analysis charts of the people I work with!. We ideally should be replacing these lost minerals all day long.
One simple, non- expensive method I’ve found to be a game changer to my overall energy and replenishment, is to add a teaspoon of mineral rich Sole water to your drinks throughout the day.
So what is Sole?
Sole (pronounced Solay) is essentially water that has been fully saturated with a natural, unprocessed salt. This concentrated salt solute can then be added daily to your drinks, teaspoon at a time. Natural salt provides a wealth of health benefits, and Celtic salt, or Sel De Guerande, which I prefer to use contains over 80 trace minerals!
Here are some potential benefits of adding sole to your drink:
- Supporting Energy– The minerals and stored energy in Sole help to maintain energy. I find it perfect for providing a surge of energy to make it through that mid-afternoon slump.
- Hydration: Sodium (along with potassium) helps to maintain the body’s fluid balance.
- Aids Digestion: Sole promotes food digestion as sodium is used in the creation of hydrochloric acid.
- Promotes detoxification: Throughout the day we are exposed to heavy metals and other toxins from our environment; the food we eat, the air we breathe and we water we drink. Salt water can help flush toxins from the body.
- A Natural Anti-histamine: Sole can work as a natural anti-histamine. This action is likely due to its electrolyte balancing effects on the body,
- Helps with Muscle Cramps: by hydrating and replenishing electrolyte minerals.
- Heart health: Sodium and potassium are needed for the proper functioning of cells, heartbeat regulation, muscle contraction, nerve impulses, and to balance hypertension.
- Blood Pressure: Many people notice a reduction in high blood pressure from using Sole, as real, unprocessed salt contains many trace minerals to support healthy blood pressure.
You will need a 1 litre or 500ml glass/ mason jar, plus your salt. You can also use Himalayan salt, instead of the Celtic salt.
- Fill your mason jar up to a ¼ with your salt.
- Add filtered water until about a centimetre remains at the top of the jar.
- Stir the mixture or put the lid on the jar and shake slightly to combine.
- Let sit for 24 hours.
- If all the salt is then dissolved, you can add some more and wait another 6 hours. Repeat the process until some remains at the bottom of the jar in the morning.
- When no more salt will dissolve, your water is fully saturated and your sole is ready to be used.
You can store in glass at room temperature. It will last indefinitely as salt is naturally anti-bacterial and anti-fungal.
To drink, I’d recommend beginning with adding 1 tsp to a glass of warm water first thing each morning before eating. In time, you might like to add 2 teaspoons. I drink mine as a mid-morning and mid-afternoon as a pick-me-up, adding a little coconut water to taste.